Default Typical Motorboater

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 22:31:37 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

The last time I cruised the Abacos I never checked in at all and was there
for four months. Nobody ever checks papers over there. There's an added
advantage if you don't check in. It makes it unnecessary to check back
into
the USA to get that dumb clearance number and silly inspection.

The risk/reward ratio does not compute for most people. Even if the
chance of getting caught is small, the penalties are severe and they
like to make an example of those who are caught.

It's fairly easy to play by the rules so why not?

The trick is to keep moving and if you do get asked for papers simply say
you are on your way to check in. Judicious use of the yellow flag helps with
the ruse.

Rules are made to be broken . . .

Wilbur Hubbard