Greg Moore

Default Trailer/wheel question - How Spring works? (photos included)

Some newer rigs use a nylon pad, many use this pad between leaves. Its only
purpose is to stop the squeaks so often associated with old boat trailers.
As mentioned, grease will age the springs faster then nothing, sand is
harder then the spring steel and will grind it down. If squeaking is an
issue, use graphite powder or any other dry lube, do not use oils or greases
as they will trap and hold dust and grits..

Greg Moore

"Buck Frobisher" wrote in message
. ..

"R3ALLY NEWBIE" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
Paul has a good point in previous posting. Since that's metal to metal
contact, do you think adding grease is necessary?

No grease, it catches dirt as previously mentioned. The only thing I've
ever done is give it a shot with WD40 when the squeaking gets on my

nerves.

--
"Stay calm. Be brave. Wait for the signs."

regards,

Frank Johansen
Aurora, Ontario