Rosalie B.

Default Finally used the RF

x-no-archive:yes (Parallax) wrote:

(Larry W4CSC) wrote in message ...
Wait until you sail on a boat with roller furling masts.......Totally
spoiled....Lazy jacks like hell....

On 27 Oct 2003 15:44:41 -0800,
(Parallax)
wrote:

I finally managed to get out by myself to try out the new CDI roller
furling on my 28' S2. Why didn't ppl tell me how much easier it would
make sailing? (Oh, many ppl did, but being something of a
luddite....). It was great, furled and unfurled at least 6 times just
cuz it was so easy. With a hank on jib, after I put it away, I would
not get it back out for any reason cuz of the hassle, now, no problem.
Its great. NOW, I want Lazy Jacks.

Larry W4CSC

"Very funny, Scotty! Now, BEAM ME MY CLOTHES! KIRK OUT!"

I dunno, not being able to fix things easily worries me. I spose
thats why I also drive an old truck with 300,000 miles on it.

We have a roller furling jib, a roller furling staysail and a behind
the mast roller furling main. Totally accessible to be fixed.
Unfortunately, I don't think they make them anymore. You might look
at the boom furling ones though.

grandma Rosalie