James[_2_] James[_2_] is offline

Default Ping, Gordon ( Weterbeke Diesel)

jeff wrote:

James wrote:
jeff wrote:
Gordon
Westerbeke has used a number of different blocks. My old Nonsuch
had a Westerbeke; the model was a w27a, having 4 cylinders and
giving 27 hp. The block was Mitsubishi, and was the the same
block used by Vetus. I'm pretty sure the w21a is the 3 cylinder
version.

W-21 is the engine prior to the W-21a and is a 3 cylinder. I
contacted Westerbeke maybe they can tell me. We're located in Idaho
and they don't know crap about marine diesels out here. They do
know about tractors though. Jim

The 21a is the same block as the 21, they changed the mounts, housing
etc.

http://www.westerbeke.com/productBrochures/w21_w21a.pdf

It's a K3D Mitsubishi also used in the Case/IH 245 and the Toro
Groundsmaster 345/345D. I now have some more options for engine parts.
Jim