Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Ping, Gordon ( Weterbeke Diesel)

James wrote:
jeff wrote:
Gordon

Westerbeke has used a number of different blocks. My old Nonsuch had
a Westerbeke; the model was a w27a, having 4 cylinders and giving 27
hp. The block was Mitsubishi, and was the the same block used by
Vetus. I'm pretty sure the w21a is the 3 cylinder version.

W-21 is the engine prior to the W-21a and is a 3 cylinder. I contacted
Westerbeke maybe they can tell me. We're located in Idaho and they
don't know crap about marine diesels out here. They do know about
tractors though. Jim

The 21a is the same block as the 21, they changed the mounts, housing etc.

http://www.westerbeke.com/productBrochures/w21_w21a.pdf