You You is offline

Default Ping, Gordon ( Weterbeke Diesel)

In article ,
Gordon wrote:

James wrote:
Gordon, I just picked up a used W-21 to re-power our 28' Irwin. I was
wondering if there was a Westerbeke group some where. When I pulled the
head (needs a valve job) the valves had what looked like a Mitsubishi
symbol on them. I suspect that it's a Mitsubishi based block and I was
wondering if it was based on one of their tractor diesels like a K3a.
Thanks, Jim

Westerbeke is Perkins in disguise. These engines are used for
generators, tractors and what have you.
Be careful when buying parts as not all are interchangeable!
Have your serial number and model number handy.
I don't know of any groups.
Gordon

Perkins is now owned by CATerpillar.....