Glenn Ashmore

Default transient slips

What would the marina say about you letting another boat use your slip
while out cruising? Maybe set up sort of an ICW transient time share
co-op database on a web site. You post when your slip will be available
and where you want to tie up. The problem would be that everyone wants
to be at the same place at the same time. :-)

Jack Rye wrote:

Sure start a co-op share a slip program. All participants must carry their
own insurance, and be responsible for electric, water, phone(local only),
cable TV, garbage, and maintenance of their slip. You could do it all
automated by computer. Take their monthly rate and divide by 29 days. When
a person goes cruising for a few weeks or longer. They register their slip
with you. When a person needs a slip. You rent it out to them on a daily
basis 1/29. The persons that needs or owns the slip pays the co-op a one
time fee of 25$. They deposit money to cover the utilities in that slip
account. You pay the bills electronically. The co-op is nonprofit.
Good Luck.
Jack
"Parallax" wrote in message
om...

One of the biggest probs I had when cruising a little was deciding
whether or not to pay for my old slip space while I was gone for a
month or two. Fortunately, there is a lot of slip space available
here in N. Florida but for others it may be a real problem to give up
their slip while cruising. They may want to cruise for a while, leave
the boat somewhere and come home and then go back to cruising.
However, most marinsa charge an arm and a leg for transients. I would
not mind leaving my boat somewhere if it was legal, It isnt worth that
much and I would leave nothing of value on it anc could easily disable
it so it couldn't be easily stolen. Where to leave it? I see many
docks that would be suitable that are obviously vacant. On several
occasions, I have just wandered around asking and found places but
knowing in advance would be nice. SO.....Useless Idea #3728

Have a registry of ppl who have dock space available or who might be
able to accomodate another boat at their dock and for how long. Due
to liability probs, I doubt they could charge foir the use of this
space so we have to figure out a way to make it worthwhile to them.
Maybe cruisers could exchange spaces. It would all be on the internet
and accessible to subscribers.

Anybody else have ideas on this subject?

I see ppl tied to the pilings of a collapsed dock across the river
from my slip and I wish them the best cuz I know the property owner
prob doesnt care.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com