Parallax

Default transient slips

One of the biggest probs I had when cruising a little was deciding
whether or not to pay for my old slip space while I was gone for a
month or two. Fortunately, there is a lot of slip space available
here in N. Florida but for others it may be a real problem to give up
their slip while cruising. They may want to cruise for a while, leave
the boat somewhere and come home and then go back to cruising.
However, most marinsa charge an arm and a leg for transients. I would
not mind leaving my boat somewhere if it was legal, It isnt worth that
much and I would leave nothing of value on it anc could easily disable
it so it couldn't be easily stolen. Where to leave it? I see many
docks that would be suitable that are obviously vacant. On several
occasions, I have just wandered around asking and found places but
knowing in advance would be nice. SO.....Useless Idea #3728

Have a registry of ppl who have dock space available or who might be
able to accomodate another boat at their dock and for how long. Due
to liability probs, I doubt they could charge foir the use of this
space so we have to figure out a way to make it worthwhile to them.
Maybe cruisers could exchange spaces. It would all be on the internet
and accessible to subscribers.

Anybody else have ideas on this subject?

I see ppl tied to the pilings of a collapsed dock across the river
from my slip and I wish them the best cuz I know the property owner
prob doesnt care.