billgran billgran is offline

Default Yamaha F150 10 hour service

wrote in message
Sorry to break into this political group but,
I bought the Hydra Sport 202 DC with the F150.

Anyway, the dealer wants $225 for 10 hr. service.
Do I have to use a factory authorized service?
The parts list for it is lube oil for the lower unit.

Here a link to the official Yamaha maintenance chart and what they want done
on EFI 4-strokes at different intervals, including the 10 hr. check. As you
can see, it's a lot more than changing gear oil. Go through the list with
your dealer to make sure what exactly is being done according to the chart.
Ask for a copy of the engine report printout also.

Bill Grannis
service manager