Mark Borgerson Mark Borgerson is offline

Default You may recognize this boat if you read much

In article ,
says...
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 23:01:25 -0700, Mark Borgerson
wrote:

I think they were popular home-built projects because they
had no compound curves in the plywood planking. The hull
on the one we got was mostly built---but there was no
hardware, mast, or sails.

Never heard of a scow with any plywood in it. And I never heard of a
homemade scow. Only been sailing them for fifty years, what would I
know? There are two 20 footers, the C with just the main, and the D
with a jib. And the M-20 which is more recent than the 19th century C
and D.

It seems your experience is limited to racing classes, then! ;-)

http://www.duckworksbbs.com/plans/ji...sbox/index.htm
and

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Scow

"The squared off shape and simple lines of a scow make it a popular
choice for simple home-built boats made from plywood. Phil Bolger and
Jim Michalak, for example, have designed a number of small sailing
scows, and the PD Racer is a growing class of home-built sailing scow.
Generally these designs are created to minimize waste when using
standard 4-foot by 8-foot sheets of plywood."

There are lots of other references if you Google "plywood sailing scow"

Mark Borgerson