Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default You may recognize this boat if you read much

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 18:27:40 -0700, Mark Borgerson
wrote:

In article ,
says...
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/1122214909.html

At $3000 for a 27' cruiser, if I were considering a long
summer charter, I'd buy the boat instead. Sail her for
6 or 7 weeks in the summer, then donate her to the Sea
Scouts for a tax deduction.

When I was a kid the Des Moines Sea Scouts were rebuilding an A Scow,
a 38 ft 30 MPH day sailer. It was wood and in bad shape but they
hadn't been built in years. Now they are back in production in
plastic. 1850 pounds.

Casady