Justin C[_18_] Justin C[_18_] is offline

Default Water in the rudder implications?

I've looked at a boat today, and the broker mentioned that the only
problem of which he is aware is that there has been water ingress to the
rudder. This is a long-keeled boat with the rudder attached aft - top
and bottom - to the keel; the kind that just has a small opening for the
propeller. The boat is of solid GRP construction - no sandwich or core,
though I'm guessing that, in the case of the rudder, it's not just a
void.

Has anyone here experience of water in the rudder? What are the
implications of this happening?

Thank you for comments and suggestions. Any references to online
material will also be gratefully received.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.