posted to alt.sailing
richard cortese richard cortese is offline

Default NADA boat prices

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 21:22:12 -0700, "richard cortese"
said:

You might want to add craigslist.com and any
storage yards too. Not that it applies to you or your area but someone
just
gave away a ~24' Viking kit boat locally to me. There was a local storage
yard that was selling 4 sailboats on trailers, stuff like 24' Columbia,
Islander, et cetera for $1000 bucks each.

I recently saw an ad on Craig's list in which the owner of a 1968 Islander
Bahama located on Norwalk was giving the boat away. I believe I've seen
the
boat in the yard, and the topsides looked to be in decent shape with the
original gelcoat. I sailed one for about 15 years, and if they don't have
problem with deck core rot, they're very decent boats.

My boat is a 1966 Islander Bahama. Cheapest thing about the boat was its
purchase but then I guess everyone here probably knows that. My sons and
their yahoo buddies take the boat out a couple of times a week and it is
built like a tank. They've managed to run it aground several times, hit a
barge, a dock, et cetera, w/o doing more then scuff the paint. I would like
a boat with a little more cabin room and a swing keel for heading up the
Sacramento Delta. My sons would like a boat that was faster but the Islander
is a great compromise all things considered.

Rick