Geoff Schultz Geoff Schultz is offline

Default Atkins & Hoyle Ltd.

Ben Atkins wrote in
:

On Apr 5, 9:46*am, Geoff Schultz wrote:
jeff wrote :

Ben Atkins wrote:
Hello Everybody,

My name is Benjamin Atkins and I represent Atkins & Hoyle Ltd. ...

snip inappropriate commercial content

Some years ago I had an extremely negative experience with them, to
the point of specifying on my new boat that I would not accept it
if it had any Atkins & Hoyle gear.

It does not surprise me that they now show a total disregard of the
non-commercial status of this group.

While I won't disagree about the matter of commercial posts to this
group

,
I've had 2 sets of A&H davits on my boat and find them extremely
robust.

*
My first set was undersized and I replaced them with heavier duty
ones.

*I
haven't seen any others that I'd recommend and would *install them
agai

n in
a heartbeat.

-- Geoffwww.GeoffSchultz.org

Fair enough. I was unaware of the rules regarding vendors in this
group. In some other forums, they have a place on the board for
professionals offering advice and opinions. I tried to make it clear
that anything that I post might be influenced by my position at Atkins
& Hoyle Ltd. In any case, I will walk this line more carefully in the
future.

Geoff, I took a look at your site and have to say that I hope that one
day I can have Trip Report Index like yours. Very nice setup of the
2000 davits, a perfect example of how to build a proper bridle as
well. May I use some of those pictures for my site?

--Benjamin Atkins
www.atkinshoyle.com

You're more than welcome to use them, but let me take some of the more
recent changes that have been made. The photos on the site are over 2
years old and I've improved upon it.

Regarding the commercial postings: It always amazes me how there are
members of this group and others who think there are some official rules
which dictate what can be posted here. I've certainly never see any such
thing, and I used to run an ISP. There may be suggestions, but no rules.
This is the Internet...

If there were rules, you wouldn't see copyrighted manuals and software
posted to news groups. I agree that I don't want to see these news
groups filled up with commercial posting.

-- Geoff
www.GeoffSchultz.org