Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Neat Navy Slide Show

On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 07:59:35 -0400, HK wrote:

Vic Smith wrote:
Lots of terrific pics.
Turn on captions, and pause to get the most.

http://www.navy.mil/media/OtherMedia...tart_here.html

--Vic

Nice photos. I especially liked the ones that show our military forces
rendering aid to foreign civilians in need. That's the sort of activity
that bolsters our nation's reputation in the world.

Yep. That's pretty common. Some locals don't buy it, of course, but
you have to try.
The most memorable picture in my '64 Mediterranean cruise book is one
of an orphanage in Naples where some of our crew did some painting and
maintenance work.
My favorite pic in the link above is the 5-inch shell stopped in
action. Carried many of those and saw/felt/heard the gun many times.
Never saw the shell leaving the barrel though.
But there are some other really nice photos in there, especially those
shot from the air. Just an excellent compilation.
It was a link in the BoaTEST e-mail I get.

--Vic