EASI54 EASI54 is offline
Junior Member

Default Bondo faring

I have a 1988 custom built aluminum hull sloop that I had sand blasted below the water line to remove years of antifouling paint buildup, and to start fresh with new and also see what condition the hull would be in and if it would warrant any metal work. For the most part, faring compound still remains and I can see the dings and dents that it has received over time. I would like to use Bondo for the deep fills that I probably won't be able to push out(1/4 inch alu thickness) and then use a good epoxy faring compound for the top. Would this approach be acceptable prior to finish coating or would there be a better way.

John