Larry W4CSC

Default Charleston Marina

If you stay at the Maritime Center, be SURE to put out your snubbers
to keep the boat from crashing against the dock in the WAVES.....It's
not in a no-wake zone and commercial shipping and tugboats are always
creating wakes, not to mention the wind......(c;

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 04:27:39 GMT, Rosalie B.
wrote:

"Phil" wrote:

Can anyone recommend a good stop in Charleston SC for a few days? We stayed
at City Marina last year and it was ok. Is there a better one? We like to
walk the town and visit all the pubs!

If your mast is too tall for Ashley as ours is, you might try the
Charleston Maritime Center which is right by the aquarium and where the Ft.
Sumter Ferry leaves from and on the CARTA line. Although I can walk to the
Visitor's Center from there. They have a BoatUS discount or did when we
were there but no internet.

We've also stayed at the marina in Mt. Pleasant (Charleston Harbor?), which
is within walking distance of the Patriot Point exhibits, and you can take
a water taxi over to the downtown, or the hotel has a bus that's free that
goes back and forth. We had a phone line at the boat there, so I could log
on to the internet from my own cabin.

We also sometimes stay at Isle of Palms - you can walk to the CARTA line
from there too, although it is a little farther. And once we went to
Buzzard's Point, but that is isolated, and although they have a good
restaurant on site it is dangerous to walk anywhere from there.

grandma Rosalie

Larry W4CSC

3600 planes with transponders are burning 8-10 million
gallons of kerosene per hour over the USA. R-12 car air
conditioners are responsible for the ozone hole, right?