[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default Its kind interesting

Bruce wrote:
So Willy-boy, sail somewhere and then come back and tell us about your
trip to XXXXXX.

He already tried this.
It turned out that the places he pretended to have sailed to were
known by people who had really sailed there. After getting busted a
bunch of times, he gave up.

But look at it from the netizen's point of view... this place (and so
many other sailing/cruising forums) are just like a big porch with a
lot of people sitting around BS'ing. Except that if you -really- sail
or cruise, you can tell the total BS from the stories that are at
least somewhat based in reality.

But having NO basis in reality, "Wilbur" and netizens like him don't
know that. They're just like the guys who brag about what they did in
the military, when they've never even had a high-n-tight. "**** yeah I
was over in Nam, man... I got sick of that M-16 crap and got me an
M-17... " and the next guy says "That's nuthin' I wuz a Navy Seal...
"

Personally, I enjoy real life and don't see why some people avoid it.
Takes all kinds, eh?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King