Bruce[_3_] Bruce[_3_] is offline

Default Its kind interesting

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:11:23 -0500, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

"IanM" wrote in message
trimmed

What goes around, comes around :-)

Only in your mind!

And about time too. Maybe Wilma will lay off blue water sailors for a bit
. . . .

I have never "laid on" blue water sailors so how can I be expected to "lay
off" them. I admire blue water sailors. But there aren't but a few of them
around in these sorry times.

When somebody like young Zac is called a blue water sailor I have to laugh.
It takes more to be a blue water sailor than somebody giving you a boat then
herding you around the world via committee over a sat phone line. This is a
travesty. A *******ization of reality. And the one thing worse than a
blundering Zac is full-grown men who look up to his sorry display and feel
proud. A real man feels shame. Zac's feeble effort has cheapened the very
spirit of blue water voyaging. Zac's dog and pony show is just a publicity
act and a boring one at that. Perverse parents living vicariously through
their kid. Endangering the kid's life. Lowering the bar as to what defines
blue water voyaging.

I guess that the logical response is "How the **** would know?" A
pitiful little ****-ant sitting on the beach and looking out to sea,
where he is too timid to venture?

You know? The Thais use a term "Ya yung", or "don't be a mosquito" in
English. It means, "don't be fiddling around here making a bother of
yourself". and they put up screens in the windows to keep the "yungs"
out.

Willy-boy, you ain't nothing but a mosquito, buzzing around and
bothering folks, and never accomplishing nothing. Pretty soon the
screens will go up and you'll be on the outside buzzing around and
still accomplishing nothing.
Cheers,

Bruce