Jere Lull

Default Reef'g line storage?

Steve wrote:

I have rigged reefing lines (kinda Jiffy) on my mainsail and want to leave
them rigged since they pass through the boom.

The reefing system works fine but when I fully drop the mail sail, I end up
with two long loops of slack reefing lines hanging down into the cockpit.

I have never had a reefing system like this before nor have I noticed how
other deal with neatly storing these lines.

I could go to the mast and pull the slack out, but then that would be one
more thing (two more lines) to deal with when I want to hoist the main sail
later.

Right now, I just gather up the slack line and stuff it in between the folds
of the sail. I expect that the line may come adrift in a blow or heavy
weather..

That's essentially what we do: As I flake the sails, the reefing lines
go on top before the second flake. If the wind gets underneath the sail
cover to pull the lines out, we've got other problems.

--
Jere Lull