Cardinal Bill

Default Corned beef hash - A provisioning question

Larry W4CSC wrote:

Ahhh....the smell of hot, greasy corned beef hash wafting up from the
galley into the cockpit full of nearly-green-faced passengers in a
rolling sea. This means I'll get a bigger ration, tonight!

Damn! You just reminded me. In 1957 my father was transfered to Hickam
AFB in Hawaii. We boarded a USN transport ship in San Francisco for the
trip over. As we bounced out the evening meal the first day was: as
the starter watery Split Pea Soup (beautiful green stuff that sloshed
around in the bowl), with a main course of greasy baked Pork Chop, it
lay on the plate congealing in the liquid. Who said those swabbies
didn't have a sense of humor. :-)

--
Tip the world over on its side and everything loose will land in Los Angeles.
-- Frank Lloyd Wright