Peter Bennett Peter Bennett is offline

Default New mainsail question..

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:31:58 -0600, Nigel Molesworth
wrote:

In article .com,
Peter Bennett wrote:

Another thought (although you've probably checked) - any chance that
the boom or reefing lines are holding the sail down? Is the leech of
the sail tight when it is raised as far as it will go?

No. I checked that too. If the sail goes up another foot, it'll be
perfect!

I'll report back as soon as I've compared the sails off the boat, then
check the slugs - then after I've checked the mast, I thought I'd take
the top one or two off the new sail..

By observing the luff of the sail, you should be able to decide where
it is sticking - if the whole luff is slack, then it is sticking at
the headboard. If some portion of the luff is tight, then it is
sticking at the bottom of that part.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca