Peter Bennett

Default Where is my impeller??

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:29:53 -0400, "Frank Taylor, Jr."
wrote:

My boat has a 5.7 Volvo Penta engine. It is 2 years old and has about 240
hours on it. I figure it is time to change the impeller. I have had some
people tell me that the impeller on their boat was in the outdrive and some
said it was on the front of the engine. I do not know where mine is.

Does anyone know where it is and how difficult it is to replace it.

On my previous boat (Volvo AQ170 (Chev V6 in disguise) with 280 legs )
the raw water pump was on the front of the engine - easily accessible.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI