Jim Woodward

Default Sunburned lips ??

I like a product made by Blistex called DCT for protection:
http://www.blistex.com/frame%20content/DCT.htm

It's a little greasier than Chapstick and seems to stay on longer.
It's only SPF 20, however, so I start with 45 over my whole face,
including lips.

Jim Woodward
www.mvfintry.com

"Steve" wrote in message ...
I know this maybe slightly OT but anyone who cruises must have experienced
sunburned lips.

We have had some really nice sunny days, the last month or so.. I have been
wearing a brim'ed floppy hat and long sleeves to protect my ageing light
skin.. I have sun screen (spf 30 or 40) on board but prefer the protection
of the clothing. Don't like the greasy feel of the sun screen.

Anyway, I guess the brim of my hat isn't wide enough or the sun was too
low.. I sun burned my lips. This has happened before and it is a mess for
about a week while they heal.

In your experience, is there any remody (after the fact) that helps in this
situation??

In the future, I will take some lip protections and wonder what is the best
in that catgory??

Recommendations welcomed (lectures deserved).

Steve
s/v Good Intentions