Keith

Default Satellite TV with Follow-Me

If you have a RV or Trucker account, you can get the local stations wherever
you are. With a boat, you can't... you can only get a national feed,
probably New York or CA or wherever. For some reason, the Direct TV folks
are dead-set against granting boaters the same service as they gladly
provide the RV crowd. Boat/U.S.' lobbying group is working on this.

--

Keith
__
"Ron Thornton" wrote in message
Rosalie,

They don't know where the receiver is. You could move it anywhere the
satellite covers and it would still get your locate network stations and
your program package. It is encoded to your account on your receiver.

I have installed about 45 DirectTV receivers in my sons restaurants.
Every time we open a new one they want a phone connected to them all (11
at each place). On the second installation I called the tech guys in
Miami and found out that the phone is only used for the receiver to call
in Pay Per View which we never use. The order takers on the phone at
DTV don't understand this so we just give them the business number and
don't hook it up.
I'm not sure, but I think the advantage of an RV account is that you can
get the networks (but not from your local stations) even if your local
area does not have that coverage yet.

Ron