Mark Borgerson

Default Rosario?

In article ,
says...
"SWilliams" wrote in message
news:SKg1b.170956$Oz4.44605@rwcrnsc54...
Anybody taken their boat to Rosario Resort in the last year or two? Can

you
compare your most recent trip with one of 5-10 years ago from a boating
perspective?

Still windy.

On the non-boating side, still more expensive than justified. Food at
restaurant is still good especially the dinner buffet. Deer still friendly.

True, the menu in the main restaurant never has been for the light of
wallet. It shares that characteristic with the restaurant at Roche
Harbor. The seafood buffet was probably worth the price, but I think
it was only one day a week a few years back. Has that changed?

For an Orcas Island stop with a nearby restaurant, try Deer Harbor.
I think that the marina there has gone through a major upgrade recently
IIRC, the restaurant there was OK and much less expensive than Rosario.
The kids loved the sea otters hiding under the docks, too.

Rats, here it is the end of August and I haven't been near salt water
in months! Thankfully, I get to take a business trip to Port Townsend
tomorrow and can spend some time at least looking at boats.

Mark Borgerson