Jack Rye

Default Vessel detectors

I never said that you are not to have a proper lookout. Under the law you
are to use all means available to avoid a collision. By having RADAR and
not using it you're at fault. Even if the another vessel collides with your
boat, you will be fault for not operating your RADAR. To avoid a collision.

Jack
"Chuck Bollinger" wrote in message
Jack Rye wrote:

Sea or admiralty law states if your boat is equipped with radar and your

not
using it when you have an accident your at 50%fault. This includes

being
struck by other vessels.

Jack's two cents

I am surprised by the above. Can you provide some documentation? I had

thought
it was the other way around: Use of a radar did not obviate the

requirement for
a proper lookout.