MMC MMC is offline

Default Kitty Hawk

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

"Edgar" wrote in message

"Joe" wrote in message
Helo on the bow just landed. Had a bit of salt water intrusion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sYK-OG3xng

Joe

Ship is going into the wind so one would expect that the helo approached
over the stern.
So why did he end up so far forward?
Big maintenance job ahead on that aircraft.

Too much work -- they'll just push it over the side and we'll buy 'em
another.

Naw, I'd bet those aviation maint guys tore in down and cleaned it up. I
rode a few ships with helo crews and I swear I never saw anyone work harder.
Anytime the helos did an in water recovery of personnel (where the helo
actually sits in the water), they'd tear all the panels out of the deck and
bulkheads and clean out all the salt.
The Navy (actually all branches) keeps their helos operational for decades
and their is a LOT of maintenance required to do this.