posted to rec.boats.paddle
Brian Nystrom Brian Nystrom is offline

Default 1 piece or 2 piece dry suit

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Sylvain Fauvel:
I would go for a Bottom or 1 piece with socks Attached. Cold feet is a
common problem, even with a dry-suit.

What concerns me about my one-piece bag suit with integral
GoreTex socks is the prospect of shipping water, but not having a
place (ankle gaskets) for it to drain. It would just pool in the
legs. At some point, the weight of same could impede re-entry
into the boat.

Comfort/convenience-wise, it's the cat's meow, but I wouldn't
call it bulletproof.

You can make that type of argument about almost anything, but in the
real world, it's a much more theoretical problem than an actual one.
I've never heard of anyone dieing due to water in their dry suit. Unless
you paddle in conditions where you frequently tear up your clothing and
end up with water in it, it's simply not a realistic concern.