posted to rec.boats.electronics
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default TV antenna

In article , Larryr wrote:
Hi Greg, thanks for the link, but swinging at anchor, I do not want a
directional antenna if I can avoid it. That is why I chose an omni -
though it is not an improvement over the passive homemade omni that I
had been using.

I would think a dipole poiting at the station would provide the best swing
range. I don't know the directional characteristics of a yagi
or other types. I guess the data is available.
With that motorized unit, it is basically a dipole as far as I know, but I
also can't say for sure. Rotating a stick antenna is obviously
going to be like a dipole.

greg