slide[_2_] slide[_2_] is offline

Default two questions

Wayne.B wrote:
On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 22:18:32 +0100, "Helena" wrote:

I bought an antique cigarrete-case with the following inscription: regatta
won by Dorus.
1. Who can forward me more information about that regatta?
2. Who is familiar with the Hoxwiergroup?

Hoxweir Group is a Yachting Services business in the Netherlands:

http://hoxwiergroup.nl/

Theodorus "Dorus" Rijkers (January 28, 1847 – April 19, 1928) was a
famous Dutch lifeboat captain and folk hero, most famous for his sea
rescues of 487 shipwrecked victims over a total of 38 rescue
operations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorus_Rijkers

Probably a different Dorus. IIRC, some Dorus was in the old Greek
panoply of gods. I suspect the OP is looking for a boat named after this
god or goddette - not the famous captain.