Questions

Default Wind generator questions

I am doing some stainless work around the stern and would like to plan
ahead for the addition of a wind generator.

Does anyone know if they are all standardized in respect to the O.D. of
the pipe that they ride on? I would like to include the pipe now so that
when I buy the generator I can just pop it on top and wire it up. If
that is feasible.

Haven't chosen a make and model yet. I want quiet as possible, and
durable of course. Seems a tall order...especially the quiet part. I
anchored 200 yards from a boat 2 days ago that had a wind genny that
could wake the dead it was so loud! This in 18 knots of wind.