Peggie Hall

Default Water in the Bilge

I doubt it anything is wrong...it's just time to tight the packing gland
(stuffing box) nuts. This is normal...just something that has to be done
from time to time....the clue is an increasing amount of water in the
bilge. When you can't tighten 'em any more, it's time to repack the
stuffing boxes.

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

John Scott wrote:
I own a 2001 340 Sundancer with twin 7.3. This season i have noticed
an increasing amount of water in the bilge. I do not see water coming
form the motors, cooling system, strainers or genset. I suspect that
the packing boxes are leaking but am not certain. Has anyone had this
problem, with this model? Does anyone have anyother suggestions?