slide[_2_] slide[_2_] is offline

Default Interior carpet recommendations?

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
Boat had horrible domestic (Red) carpet which luckily caught diesel
overflow!

I took it all out and found only floorboard underneath, painted grey.

I would like to put something on the floor and am inclined toward sisal,
but edging might be a problem(?)

Anyone done something like this?

I haven't but the sisal I've seen had an edge which was woven into
something resembling rope. That should address the edge issue.

My concern about any such covering would be that it could move between
the sole and the person treading thus causing a loss of footing. What
fastens carpet or other fabric coverings down?

You could just enamel and add some non-skid, I suppose. I'd be inclined
to do that if it'd look ok.