Bruce In Bangkok Bruce In Bangkok is offline

Default Flying Pig Float Plan

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:29:51 -0800 (PST), Skip Gundlach
wrote:

On Dec 20, 1:56*am, Bob wrote:
On Dec 19, 10:12*pm, Skip Gundlach wrote:

Flying Pig Float Plan
We'll be leaving for the Bahamas in less than an hour, bucking the
tide on the way out Miami's Government Cut, but taking advantage of
the lack of cruise ships allowing us direct access to the ocean.

1) leaving port on a Friday ?!?!?!

2) At night ????

3) Against the tide ?!??!!?

I give up............. You win skip.
Bob

Heh. I can't win. Wilbur claims one always leaves on an incoming
tide, so when you get stuck, the tide lifts you off.

As to Friday, it's just another day. If I let all the superstitions
get in my way, I'd be frozen in place.

And, in case you weren't paying attention, I came in to Miami in the
night (well, technically, predawn in the morning). What's the big
deal???

And being a left-coaster, I'll forgive you for not knowing that one
always does the Gulf Stream to the Bahamas at night so as to arrive on
the banks with good light. Meanwhile, we're here, and had an entirely
uneventful passage (other than the monster fish which got away, which
you'll hear about in the log)...

L8R

Skip, still up at this ridiculous hour...

On the other hand, Skip is out on the water and Willie the Wiseman is
sitting on the shore.... sort of gives you an idea of who is the
sailor doesn't it.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)