Marty Browne

Default Going to Marthas Vineyard!!!

there are moorings in all the Harbors. Edgartown moorings are expensive
but Edgartown is a nice place. Most of the slips seem to be in Oak
Bluffs. But there are slips in Menemsha, Vineyard Haven and Edgartown.
Be prepared for high prices. Look up Marinas in Eldridge, various
cruising guides, try phoning the harbormasters, by phone, or check
websites, to get marina names and phones.
Menemsha is a tiny, 15-minute-walk-around-time village. Very charming
but small. Great womens'sporty clothing store-Pandora's Box. I prefer
Vineyard Haven for moorings and ambience but its your vacation so go
have fun and learn for yourself.
Check your currents and tidecharts. {Yeah, I know you have the power to
buck any current, but know what they are doing. It may make for an
easier ride.}
An elegant harbor for a lunch stop would be Hadley's Harbor opposite
Woods Hole. Another place for a stop would be Tarpaulin Cove.
good luck and have fun.
ps-in Vineyard Haven there is a great bookstore---GRAPES of WRATH
BOOKSTORE. down the street from a good icecream store.

SASIINC wrote:
I would like to spend a weekend at Marthas Vineyard. Has anyone gone there
before? Where can I get a transient slip or a mooring. What day of the week is
best to go? Where is it best to go? I'll be going from Hewitts Cove in Hingham,
MA . My boat is a Searay 310 34' overall Thanks In Advance,
Frank