Jerry

Default trailering from Ohio to North Channel

Blind River Boat Works is a great place to launch. It gets you into the NC
quicker and gives you access to many popular anchorages.

Jerry
"Steve Christensen" wrote in message
In article , "Mark says...

We trailer from SE Michigan, so if you're going up through Michigan, what

we
do ought to work for you. We drive up I-75 to Sault Ste Marie and then

east
along the north shore of Huron to Spanish, ON. Excellent facilities

there
(the new marina is only a few years old). And no problem leaving your

tow
vehicle and trailer. There are quite a few trailer-sailors who go up and
launch there every year.

We sail for 10 days and typically make it about as far east as Kilarney
before heading back to pull out.

Mark

"Terry" wrote in message
trailering from Ohio to North Channel -- has anyone done this -- Where

is
a good location to launch and leave truck and trailer??

I've done this many times leaving from the Saginaw Bay area, and second

Mark's
suggestion to make for Spanish.

BUT, if you would like to spend much time east AND west of Little Current,

you
might think about driving a bit further to Spider Bay Marina in Little

Current
and launching there. It isn't any nicer than Spanish, but it is a bit

more
centrally located. So depending on your plans it can work out well to

head west
first, then stop off in Little Current to drop off the dirty clothes in

your
car, and then head east to Killarney. You won't go wrong at either

location.

Steve Christensen
Midland, MI