Reynaud

Default Epoxy or polyester?

"Jonathan" wrote in message
I took two weeks off from the Argie 10 in order to go and work on Ocean
Planet, in Portland, Maine.

Now that I am back, I have a piece of carbon fiber cloth to cover the
bottom of the dinghy with. Funds are real tight and I am afraid that
using epoxy to affix the carbon fiber will use too much of it up, and I
am contemplating using some polyester resin I have lying around from a
project some time ago. It is still good, I fixed another dinghy with it
this spring.

The fiber is just for scuff protection. Any thoughts pro or con?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi there . carbon fibre is to be used for fairings on motorcycles some
expensive autos and other high end machines . It is not fire resistant or
abrasive or structural material. I have used it with epoxy and it does a
nice job in special applications. Do some research before you use it.

Rey