RUST

Default Faring Polyester Cloth

There's some stuff to add to the resin that is basically very tiny glass
balls that looks like dust. Comes in a can on the same store-shelf as all of
the fiberglass resins, etc. I've used it to patch holes and the like. Works
great. I'm sure that someone out there knows the correct name for the stuff.
Thickening compound?

Cheers,
Steve
"jcassara" wrote in message
et...
I am in the process of repairing a rotted deck core. The
area is about 6 sq ft and is built up with polyester cloth.
Is there an additive to thicken polyester resin to use as a
fairing compound? Can automotive Bondo be used? Will fairing
compounds as found at West Marine or Bondo stand up to
typical deck activity or will they crack?

Any info would be great!

John