Glenn Ashmore

Default Carbon Fiber - Kevlar blend

Actually a pair of $10 Fiskars shop shears works every bit as well on
Kevlar as my $50 Kevlar specials but my Olfa rotary cutter from the
local fabirc shop works best of all.

However, unless you have done some really sophisticated load analysis
carbon/Kevlar blends are not the way to go. You will only get
structural strenght in the warp direction and impact resistance in the
weft. More efficient to use all carbon cloth for structure and a
separate ply of kevlar for impact resitance.

Derek Hartmann wrote:
There are many marine manufactures who do use these blends of fabric. In
order to cut these fabrics, you will need Kevlar Shears. For more
information for the proper shears, check out this website:

http://www.specialtyshears.com

"Matt Langenfeld" wrote in message
link.net...

Has anyone worked with a carbon fiber/kevlar blend fabrics?
Not quite sure what to think of them.

Seems like it is a concept trying to combine 2 cloths with different
characteristics into an overall better fabric. Intuitively, it doesn't
seem right. That's just me though.

Anyone?

--
Matt Langenfeld