[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Care of equipment

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 14:25:37 -0800, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
On Dec 2, 3:14 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Frogwatch" wrote in message

OK, Now I am curious. Somebody pointed out my bad luck with equipment
in another thread and I am wondering if it is due to the way I treat
my stuff. For example, my neighbor noticed that I leave my VHF and
fishfinder/depthsounder on the console of my Tolman Skiff out in the
rain all the time and said I should bring it inside. My thinking is
that I bought them because they said "Submersible" so they should take
being outside in Florida.
I carry my handheld VHF and GPS around in my sail bag with some heavy
tools and I throw it down into the cabin when I get aboard. Is this
abuse or normal use?

Not at all. The VHF and GPS are designed to take abuse worse than this.
Next
time use a hammer on them before you throw them down the stairs! LOL

--
"j" ganz

Hmmm, sarcasm meter goes one way then the other and settles on zero,
maybe its broke too.

Heh... sorry.

Seriously though... I tend to treat my equipment gingerly in the hope that
when I don't have that option, it still works. I cover my deck instruments,
etc.

There is a very old saying that applies to many things: Take care of
your tools and they will take care of you.