[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default Care of equipment

Frogwatch wrote:
OK, Now I am curious. *Somebody pointed out my bad luck with equipment
in another thread and I am wondering if it is due to the way I treat
my stuff. *For example, my neighbor noticed that I leave my VHF and
fishfinder/depthsounder on the console of my Tolman Skiff out in the
rain all the time and said I should bring it inside. *My thinking is
that I bought them because they said "Submersible" so they should take
being outside in Florida.

The faults may not be in the VHF itself but in the wiring &
connections leading to it.
Especially the antenna

I carry my handheld VHF and GPS around in my sail bag with some heavy
tools and I throw it down into the cabin when I get aboard. *Is this
abuse or normal use?

I hope you're kidding.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King