Bruce In Bangkok Bruce In Bangkok is offline

Default removing pencil zinc from anode holder

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:53:27 -0800 (PST), Bil
wrote:

How can I remove the stub of a pencil zinc from its bronze anode
holder?

The pencil zinc screws into the anode holder. But the loss of zinc
from the anode means that I cannot get a mechanical grip on it to
unscrew it.

Cheers and thanks for ideas

Bil

If the zinc is that far gone it is usually pretty fragile. Try
drilling the remains out and cleaning the threads with some small
sharp pointed piece of metal.

Cheers,

Bruce
(bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)