Matt Langenfeld

Default First time pitfalls......

For your first time, I wouldn't sweat a little bit a warped wood, if you
find it after that fact of course. It's your first one. Enjoy it.

I made some big oops's on my first one like not mixing the epoxy
correctly and having a seam stay gummy. Mistakes are just about
unavoidable. Luckily they turn into experience.

--
Matt Langenfeld
JEM Watercraft

Michael Kelly wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

I would appreciate anyone sharing any first time goofs that they can
remember (and bear to share).

Since you have two pieces of plywood, and you probably store them
flat, the top piece is becomming warped. Make sure you use enough ties
to even your bow/stern. My first canoe is named "Ugly Duckling" for a
reason. Mr Payson recomends laying the warped plywood concave side down
on the lawn for a few hours to correct the warp.

Mike.