Backyard Renegade

Default Stitch & glue, cable ties?--build time?

Jonathan wrote in message ...
Backyard Renegade wrote:
Rick Tyler wrote in message . ..

On 24 Jun 2004 05:34:49 -0700, (Backyard
Renegade) wrote:

(snip)

Scotty's several dozen S&G boats ahead of me, but I think copper sucks
for stitching boats together. I use hefty cable ties, and when I need
to loosen one up, I do what Scotty says -- I snip them off and put in
a new one. I find that copper either breaks when I twist it with
pliers, or, if I use thick wire, pulls out of the plywood. It also
stabs me in the fingers so often I feel like I've been playing with

snip.......

Actually since reading his other post about wanting to build the boat
in two weeks with his daughter, I would have suggested a skin
(plywood) on frame boat like a small pointy skiff or something anyway.
A noobie is not going to build a S+T in two weeks in most cases...
Scotty

I'm curious as to why you might think that? (That it will take more
than two dedicated weeks)

Actually I am more curious as to what pitfalls you see me stumbling into
that i can't see,( still having the blissful veil of ignorance).

As I think about it, there is the obvious, i.e. scheduling boat work is
best accomplished by estimating the time required, then multiplying by
2.5, so that you will only be short by 30% of your estimate

but are there any common pitfalls that I might avoid with a few
suggestions/pointers by others?

Call me over the weekend, my number is on my website, smallboats.com
Scotty, I will be here today (6/26/04) most of the day and tomorrow...
never call me before 10am...