Ed Humphries

Default primer??

bobsuruncle wrote in message . ..
I want to repaint the hull of my boat. i know i should use good
quality antifouling paint. My question is if i need to use a primer
or not. the hull is mohogany but i dont know if i need primer. if
so, which kind do i need?

I believe you'll find that the best way to get good adhesion and long
life is proper preparation. Read the instructions: most are pretty
clear about what it takes to get a good application. Read the experts
books.

What you will find out is that you _might_ be able to get away with
just sanding the old paint down and then paint over it. But for a
good job you need to get the old surface down, fair, and then prime
it.

I'm in that process now myself. Have fun and good luck!

Cheers, Ed Humphries
Atlanta, Georgia