Two meter troll Two meter troll is offline

Default Coast Guard salvage plans

On Nov 20, 4:53*am, "Roger Long" wrote:
I just noticed this line in the article about the boat stuck on the Hattaras
beach:

"First, the Coast Guard must receive and approve a salvage plan from Clark
before he can proceed with any efforts."

A boat caught fire in my marina and sunk. *It ended up in front of the pump
out station during the salvage efforts. *The Coast Guard then refused to
allow the marina to untie the lines and move it back one boat length on the
dock until they filed a salvage plan. *The application was over two inches
thick and required, insurance, bonding, survey, oil spill contingincy, etc..
etc., etc. *The boat ended up blocking the pump out for two seasons while
this was sorted out.

Unless things are quite different down in that district, I think that boat
is going to be there a while. *The Coast Guard probably doesn't want this
fellow at sea again so they'll just keep obstructing him until he hires a
crane (or a front end loader to pick up the pieces left after the next storm
if he doesn't move quickly).

--
Roger Long

its the kneedeeps