posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Whooopeee!!!!!

On 18 Nov 2008 17:01:01 -0600, Dave wrote:

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:11:07 -0500, said:

It had ZERO to do with whether the labor was union or non-union, or
how much money they were paid.

$1,000 an hour for everyone, right? Won't make any difference.

The only people making $1000 an hour were in management. Once again
you are avoiding the truth. The workers were not making $1000 an hour.
If they had, it would have made a difference, but they DIDN'T. YOU
have already pegged the difference in wages between Toyota and UAW
workers at $30 an hour. Just another dead red herring to throw on the
pile.

Not a red herring at all. I was simply demonstrating how your claim that the
amount paid labor has zero to do with a company's ability to compete is
ludicrous.

Except we are talking about a specific company, and you went off the
deep end with a nonsensical Hail Mary about paying the assembly line
workers $1000 an hour.

Red Herring. A big stinking Red Herring being ridden hard and put away
wet by a straw man.