Evan Gatehouse

Default Fuel Tank Construction

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:15:54 -0700, Mark wrote:

Have you really thought this through. You need several hard estimates
before you close the deal.

I've gotten several estimates (all over $30K), and a large enough
survey adjustment to make for a satisfactory deal.

Have you had any tanks made from 1/4 or 5/16 aluminum? I'm
particularly looking for fabrication advice regarding coatings,
geometry, baffles, fill/vent/drain fittings, etc.

The tanks will be made by a contractor but I want to be sure they are
spec'd properly.

I'd hire a naval architect for a day. Stuff like designing a 500 gallon
tank probably should not be left to a contractor.

Baffles will be absolutely required, about every 24-30", External
stiffeners will probably be required, depending on the head on the tank
(height from bottom of tank to top of the vent). Geometry - will you
duplicate the existing tanks?

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)