Brian Whatcott

Default Tach for OB w/out alternator

Tachs have switch settings for 12 or 20 etc pole stators

Brian W

On Mon, 31 May 2004 04:04:47 GMT, "Paul Browne"
wrote:

First of all, thanks very much for replying!

Yes, I saw in my wiring diagram that there is indeed a gray wire marked tach
lead...does that mean that I connect the wire that is supposed to go to the
alternator to that one? And I keep reading about alternator pole count...how
would I set that up?

"IBNFSHN" wrote in message
Outboard tachs connect to one of the leads from the stator. Usually a gray
lead.

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va

"Paul Browne" wrote in message
newsRuuc.10550$ig5.4866@edtnps89...

I'm trying to put a tach on my '79 50hp Johnson (which has no

alternator),
and all I seem to be able to find are tachs that require an alternator
hookup. Does anyone know if it's possible to modify one of those to work

for
me, or know of a tach (other than the TinyTach clipon, I want a dash

mount
gauge) that will work? Any help/tips are greatly appreciated.